Black Spire III: A Twisted King
Timeline of Ilatari
- Distant Past: The Age of Stars ends. The elves are divided into High Elves and Dark Elves, and begin to wage a devastating war on each other. The dwarves begin journeying from the Underdark toward the surface, and arrive in the ruins of the elven realm. They fight for supremacy amongst themselves for an unknown time. The gold dragon Aurathel establishes a lair in Cloudspire, forming a (very) loose alliance with the elves.
- Year 0: The dwarven House Rimtar signs The Dragon Pact, establishing the Mountainhome and ending strife between all dwarves, unifying them under a single banner.
- Year ~200: The Alkerath arrive from distant lands, and begin carving out their empire, circumventing the Silver Kingdom (and the powerful dragon that protects it) and establishing themselves in the west. Prince Alister crowns himself Emperor of The Alkerathi Empire.
- Year ~300: The Alkerath carve out more land for themselves in The Greenwood, prompting a war with the elves. The High Elves and their draconic ally refuse to intervene, driving a wedge between High and Wood elves that remains to this day. The Alkerath emerge triumphant, cutting the wood elf lands in two.
- Year ~500: The red dragon Razethar tries to use the humans for his schemes to start another war on the elves. It backfires spectacularly, and the Alkerathi Empire collapses. Stonehaven and similar small dwarven trading posts are flooded with refugees, swelling into cities in their own right with a mostly human and halfling population.
- Year ~700: The silver dragon Shamilthurax departs from the Mountainhome, citing business of his own. He promises to return if the Kingdom is ever threatened.
- Year 808: The Black Spire emerges in Stonehaven. In the aftermath, the city is completely obliterated. A powerful necromancer obtains The Chief-Stone, and uses it to transform into a lich.
- Year 808: The dragon Razethar is permanently destroyed, along with Narackamus the lich. The Second Alkerathi Empire is announced by Empress Alice I, of the Dynasty of the Axe. Humanity begins to rally under one banner, and once more forms a single Empire.
- Year 853: Orc raids from the West begin to intensify. Rumors spread of a leader called the Kha-Khatun, uniting the orcish tribes under one banner.
- Year 858: The orcs stage their first coordinated invasion, hitting the Greenwood hard and bashing into eastern human lands. They are repelled by joint wood elf and human forces, but barely. Courtiers scramble to ready the Empire as the rumors of a gathered Orcish force turn out to be true – and the world prepares itself for war.
- Year 860: Present day. It’s the fifty-second year of the Dynasty of the Axe by human reckoning.